Friday, July 31, 2009

The Card That Almost Wasn't


This is the card that I mentioned a few posts ago. I had an idea, to make this card, but happened to see a similar card on a company blog I visit. It may have been Paper Crafts... I can't remember and am too lazy right now to look it up.

Anyway... after seeing it, I felt like I couldn't make mine anymore. I was upset for not getting it done when the idea first came to me. Then I thought... oh... just do it! Mine is quite different but the same as far as the buttons in place of ornaments. And... that is the main idea. I guess it just wasn't as original as I thought and that was discouraging! :)

However, I am glad that I went ahead and made it. I don't know how many of my ideas are 'original' anyway... I am sure most of them are inspired by someone elses ideas and I just don't remember it!

I really like this card and is probably one of my favorite Christmas cards that I have made thus far! Really simple but... that seems to be what I am best at! I drool at all of the layering done on cards but am just not good at doing it myself! Maybe one day and with lots of practice...

Well... thanks for listening :) and for visiting!! Hope you have an awesome Friday!

Oh... and by the way.... what is up with all the spiders? Anyone having a spider problem outside of Middle TN? I HATE spiders! Michael's grandmother was talking to me about it the other day so I at least feel better that my house isn't being specifically targeted! I can't walk outside without seeing 15 spiders all around me... freaks me out!

Supplies:
Stamps - Take a Bough, Holiday Wishes (both PTI)
Paper - Kraft (PTI)
Ink - Dark Chocolate, True Black (both PTI)
Buttons - New Leaf, Scarlet Jewel, Enchanted Evening (all PTI)

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love this!!! And he did super good today! I have no idea why!! He watched part of jungle book and colored played his vsmile! I was half way done with my last project when he started getting cranky! usually it ends up with me getting so frustrated with him! My cradt desk is next to our bed!! we have a 2 bedroom which was 1/2 mine and 1/2 jose but we got mateo a car bed and figured he would finally sleep in his own bed! nope!! I decorated it with all cars theme stuff! But I feel like taking my room back! sometimes i get so stressed working at a tiny desk! but i feel blessed at the same time!! lol!

Tiffany said...

I knew i spelled gnome wrong!! lol!! I wish we lived closer!! You are like my best blog pal!! =) Thanks for all the wonderful things said about my projects and minis!! Your cards are amazing im sure your mini will be just as beautiful!!

Shane Woodall said...

Spiders are invading Brooklyn too.

~amy~ said...

sweet card Kelley!!! Love the buttons...

Maile Belles said...

Great card, love the button colors too!!! I'm no good at that layer upon layer look either, I prefer the good old CAS look too.

Ann said...

I think it's super cute...you know I'm a sucker for buttons! I feel the same way---are any of my ideas original, or am I just recycling all the things I see in a day?

Happy Friday!

Stephanie said...

I really like this card, too....perfect for Christmas! I wouldn't think a thing about 'original' ideas - we all get inspired by things and create in ways 'we' envision....also just think of those who'll see your creation and be inspired just as much!!

p.s. I think all of the spiders are trying to tell you that Halloween comes before Christmas...they're feelin' a little left out :) (hee hee)

Courtney Baker said...

I AM! We have spiders everywhere. It is driving me crazy. I've already sprayed outside and in. It's crazy.

I LOVE THIS CARD. I'm glad you made it. It's fantastic.

Kristina said...

I am so glad you decided to create and post this card. It's so beautiful. I really is so simple, and yet packs a big punch. Love those buttons as ornaments!

~kelly marie~ said...

I am so glad you made the card! It is absolutely adorable!!

It's Jenn! said...

THere's never such a think as too many buttons! I love all these button cards! I follow Ann over at Creative Antics and I get all giddy every time she posts another one with those Papertrey Ink stamps...lots of fun! These are all so cute! I have to remember these!

Ali said...

Precious precious precious!!!!!~ Ali