Monday, September 20, 2010

Embellish Magazine Paper Piecing Color Challenge



Happy Monday!

I took some time over the weekend to make a card for the current Embellish challenge! It felt good! I have to remember to do that more often!

I have cleaned out my email inboxes and I hope to start today on getting caught up on my google reader. I am needing some inspiration and I always find it when I take time to visit all of you!

Hope your weekend was fab! We had a good weekend! It went by entirely too fast but they usually do!

I wanted to share a quick story real quick just in case my idea of a scrapbook page never comes to fruition!

On Sunday morning, Michael was in the shower, I was still trying to sneak in a minute more of sleep and Carver was in our bed watching cartoons. I was in that state of not asleep but not awake. I am not sure what cartoon Carver was watching but apparently they were talking about best friends. Carver reached over and grabbed my arm with his little sweet hands and said (to the tv) "my mommy is my best friend"! How sweet is that? He melts my heart everyday! I love him!

Speaking of things that I love! I LOVE my new computer! So much so that I am hoping I will enjoy being on it a little more than I have lately! The screen is big... I love how the keys feel when I type on them.... it is fast.. ! This is my first Mac but I think that I have used Michaels enough ( to check my email on trips, etc) that I am more comfortable with it than I thought I would be!

Anyway.... that's all for me! Hope you all have a great day! :) Thanks for checking in!

Peace and Love!

Supplies:
Stamps - Kiss for the Sun and Essential Messages by Hero Arts
Paper - Kraft, Ripe Avocado, and Spring Moss by Papertrey, Daffodil Delight by Stampin Up
Ink - True Black and Ripe Avocado by Papertrey, Vintage Photo Distress by Ranger
Other - Copic markers, SU Corner rounder, Papertrey twine, Glossy Accents by Ranger, Kaiser rhinestone

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Kids are thee best, aren't they?! I love your sweet tweet card:)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT--this is soooooooooo cute! LOVE that card! CLEVER!!

Such a sweet boy!! Def. write that in the quote book:) LOVE it;)

Alice said...

you boy is so sweet! lovely, heartwarming story. thanks for making me smile, Kelley! =) love your fab card, too. so cute!

Ann said...

Adorable card, Kelley! I'm playing around with this challenge right now...hope mine turns out as cute as yours!

Sarah Craig said...

Love love love this card! And Carver is such a sweetie.....

Lisa Petrella said...

This is SO TWEET!!! Love those cute little paper pieced birdies and the way you used glossy accents on the branch!

Winter said...

Awwwww, that sweet little boy! :)
And I love this card! The different colored birds are perfect! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh, this is adorable!
I love this card! :)

Megan said...

Wonderful card! Your son sounds adorable but I gotta say I also loved your comment about your Mac. I'm a huge fan of anything made by Apple! :)

Janelle said...

So -- I'm so behind on my blog reading. I've now read all your posts in reader and am going to go back up and comment on a few. Just because I can't leave a good "conversation" unfinished! :)
Anyway, cute story about Carver telling the tv that you are his best friend. Oh, so sweet. What a great age 3 is!
And -- the card with the little birdies on the branch is oh-so-cute, too!

Mariana Grigsby said...

What a fabulous card, Kelley!!! Those birdies are super cute! Thanks for playing along with us!

Sarah Martina said...

Awww how sweet is this Kelley! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!